This is a place for my to collect personal essays, pieces, some poetry about living intentionally, which I strive to do in all aspects of my life!
Here are a few things to know about me:
- I just graduated from UWaterloo with a BA in the Arts and Business Co-op program, with a Joint Honours in Economics and English: Rhetoric & Professional Writing.
- I’m a Canadian, living & working in Ottawa.
- Fields of interest:
- social media and digital self-narrativization
- labour & the labour market
- millennial solipsism
- community-building, city-building
- empowerment (female & economic)
- being (over-)involved in my community & city
- working out (I’ve been doing zumba for 5+ years & I’m doing two 5Ks this summer)
- finding dirt-cheap & unusual things to do
- art (doing & looking), reading and writing
- Canadian politics
- Favourite music:
- Chance the Rapper
- Richard Wagner
- Joe Hisaishi
- few other songs here and there
- Favourite TV (warning: I barely watch any):
- Steven Universe
- Rupaul’s Drag Race
- Slings & Arrows
- Arrested Development
- Favourite Movies:
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Sound of Music
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Princess Mononoke
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
That’s about all there is to this! Hit me up on twitter at @amyczhou if you want to get in touch.